Sometimes I'm driving and there will be some random guy that pulls up and looks over all cool and nods like he's something else and eww and yuck right? You know what I'm talking about. And I'm married! Hello! I have a baby in the backseat!
Well, I was driving down to my parent's the other day and I pull up to a stop light and a construction truck pulls up to the right of me. I see him from the corner of my eye and know he's looking over at me. Don't look. Don't look- just ignore him and he'll soon be gone. It's just so awkward.
The light is taking years so I glance over- I just can't help it! And I'm ready to just kind of ignore/roll my eyes/throw him a dirty look? I actually don't know what I was planning on what I was going to do but I look and he's waving.
Ah! Hurry look away- shun him! I feel disgust and impatience and awkwardness and just really negative about this.
Then I realize something.
He's not waving at me- he's waving at the baby in the backseat.
In that moment, I realized that this man next to me wasn't being a creeper.
He was sharing joy.
He was in that moment, connecting souls with a little cute baby in the backseat.
He was just a person, possibly a father with a family
and wow,
in that moment I realized if I could just see that in everyone, all the time, MY life will be greater and I will FEEL happier. Just by choosing how I view others.
Cool.
Hey, thanks for sharing! I enjoyed that!!
ReplyDelete