| his eyebrows are so expressive. |
New Stuff:
- First wave "bye-bye" to Uncle Austin on Christmas Eve.!!!! It's a whole arm floppy kind-a-deal and he loved the reaction it got- just general "yay baby you are so amazing" dealio.
- So my baby learned to roll over just shy of 8 months and get this...while he should have been sleeping! So mark the day 1/7/13 as the night I rocked baby G for an hour and finally gave up and said, "Okay, play time- but we are going to practice a skill!" WhaBam Shicka Wha Wha! Guess who's rolling officially now?!!!!! Yah, he learned when he should have been sleeping- but who cares?!!! My baby is mobile! All those cute fat rolls can move from point A to point B. He only rolls one way and from his stomach to back but once he does it he sits there waving his arms like a madman and making sounds that resemble a chip monk. Ah! It's adorable. And it's so fun to watch his face scrunch up, about to protest being put on his belly, then realization that if he doesn't want to be on his belly, he doesn't have to be on his belly. Then a sideways glance, then plop! Over he goes with the most satisfied look on his face and biggest, toothiest grin.
- Hair is getting lighter- So the big question is, "Will it turn blonde and become the blonde boy in my dream?" Did I tell you I had a dream of 3 children? One blonde boy with brown eyes, the oldest. One with dark hair and blue eyes next and a cute little curly dark haired young girl with green eyes. I don't really think it means anything other than I dreamed of having children..but what if.... all I know is I am totally guessing my next one is a boy.
- I know he just barely learned to roll, but this kid wants to walk. He is taking steps when we are holding onto his little dimpled hands. Real walking steps. He might skip crawling.
- I did start crawling lessons. I had to, I really want him to crawl. I'll put that video on another post...hopefully I'll be able to put him first trying and then the end result...which will be crawling of course.
- When you drink from a cup he stops whatever he was doing/ drops whatever he was holding and moves his wrist and hands around excitedly. He loooooves drinking from a cup.
- He is enjoying books more and more. He will sit for a good 6 or 7 books and enjoy them! I'm taking him to a library class, "Book Babies" where there are other little people for him to laugh at and mimic. We sing songs and read interactive books and it's just a whole lot of silliness. We've only gone twice but he LOVES it!!!!
Lovin' This:
- Growling when angry or upset. Not even kidding. He will growl at me. It used to be a big sigh, but now he is letting me know he isn't happy with something with animal noises.
- Wrist excitement. And hands always moving around- man it would look weird if we as older people always moved like that but it's very, very cute on a fat baby.
- Chubbiness. I still love it. I can't help it, he is so cuddly and drool worthy.
- Snuggles. He is a very loving baby. He loves hugs and cuddling and it makes everyone happy- they always exclaim, "He just hugged me!" like it's the best thing that's happened to them that day, which maybe it is:)
- Cornmeal sandbox in the kitchen. Kept him so happy and engaged for a while! Will for sure be doing it again.
- Rolling. I love that he can do it now. I love seeing him happy with himself being able to control where he goes somewhat- more than he ever has which makes him so happy.
- The "I'm-not-going-to-smile-even-though-you-are-hilarious" smile. He purses his lips and closes his mouth tight when he thinks something is funny but doesn't want to smile. Funny that he does this- why? I don't know....???
- Eating. Both nursing and feeding him solids. Baby-Led-Weaning is the bomb (no purees)! I will have to do a post about it because I absolutely love it. And nursing is so much more comfortable now (yes, even with his teeth- he usually doesn't bite if he isn't teething or in pain). I find it our little happy place to just quietly snuggle and nurse.
- What About Bob enjoyment of eating. Here's a video of what it sounds like:
Experiences:
- He's had a few colds and I know it's normal for a little one to have around 10 colds is what I've been told in the first year of life. Well, the last few colds were nothing compared to what happened just a few days ago. I think he might of had the flu- he just couldn't get comfortable no matter what we would do- he wasn't interested in anything and he was congested to the max. I held him and rocked him all day and all night (well, Jay helped at night) for 2 days and nights straight. He was either crying or sleeping so I tried to help him sleep as much as possible. I even resorted to watching some movies, something I didn't want to have to do until he is at least 3. I don't want to rely on the TV to be a babysitter, I want him exploring and trying things and doing things. I mean he already is having a hard time keeping up with the moving around part of life with other kids 1/2 his age (yes, I just met a 3 month old who is already rolling) so I would love to encourage no TV for awhile. Anyway, I did resort to letting him watch a couple of shows while I held him so we had about 1/2 hour of no crying! It was wonderful and I think it was a great tool to use to distract him from his discomfort. It's not all bad I suppose;)
Out And About:
- Why is it that I feel conceited saying that I think my baby is the most adorable creature on the planet? I know he's cute- it's just a fact- am I allowed to say that? When people oogle and drool over him I just want to run over next to them and drool right along with them. I want to whisper and point at "that cute chubby baby". But I think I'm getting the whole drill down where people exclaim what a cute adorable baby and I nod and thank them politely while inside I want to scream, "I KNOW!!!! Holy cow what a cute baby right? Oh my goodness- look at these thighs!!! And his teeth! And his perfect eyelashes- oh you should hear his laugh!!! Watch this!" Then tickle him to get the world's most adorable chuckle out of his chubby face. Anyway I feel very lucky to get to hold and cuddle him all the time. I get to be the one to laugh and play with him all day every day. I am one lucky mamma.
- He is starting to get active in the grocery cart. I finally understand why moms leave their carts right smack in the middle of the aisle. It isn't to be in the way of other people! It's so their babies don't knock everything off the shelves.
I still love him.
ha ha
like anything else could ever be possible.
Oh and his head is officially too big now for the beloved Eskimo hat:

I sure love that baby!
ReplyDeleteWhenever you post about Grant, Patrick and I talk about how badly we want a baby! He's just too cute. When we first talked about kids, Patrick was wanting to wait at least three years. Slowly the amount of time he wants to wait has decreased thanks to you, Jay, and Baby G. Good work!
ReplyDeleteHa ha! Yes! Baby G needs some more cousins to play with!!! Hopefully they are kind of close in age;)
ReplyDelete