Friday, May 4, 2012

Amnesia and the Dollar Theater

Jay and I went and saw....The Vow.
You say it's been out for a while? Well, Jay and I are very proud to say we waited a couple of months to go to the movies so that all the "new movies" would be in the dollar theater. We just had to get to that point of being a few months off of the release date and now we've got it down. We love going to the dollar and we even get student discounts- 25 cents off each ticket! We've got it down to a science pretty much (other than the fact that everyone sees movies first and when we finally talk about them, people look at us like they are in a very awkward social situation knowing us).

So, The Vow: Now, I've heard a lot of reviews saying it wasn't all that great- which could have been why we loved it so much- we didn't expect a lot. We LOVED it. What a good reminder that love shouldn't be taken for granted and you do need to work at love- that it doesn't always come easy- even if you don't hit your head and  lose your memory. Don't people forget all the time why they are in love or what made them fall in love with someone in the first place?

Circumstances change and starting a family seems like a big deal and I've been afraid of forgetting why Jay and I fell in love- we are going to get so busy and life just seems to keep getting busier and busier. I don't think it's going to slow down so it's good to have a reminder to slow down and "date" your spouse. We are going to have to make the time- and that isn't such a bad thing really. We are starting a new adventure of parenthood together and now our time has to be a little more planned and that's okay.

Is this a "buy-worthy" movie?
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment