The hearts on my belly are from Jay's heart attack for me on Valentine's Day. They say, "You are going to be a good mom." "I love how you love our baby so much." and "You are a beautiful prego lady." Sweet huh?Month: 5 1/2
February 8th:
Holy Smokes I feel like a big fatty. I can see how going to the gym with all those skinny people can get to someone-Did you know the recommended weight gain about now is 10-15 lbs. I have had a few mental breakdowns on the fact that I have gained so much weight. Sugar just has to go. Kate did warn me that I would get back fat but really?! I really do have back fat. But I have started changing my thoughts on the subject- I am so blessed that I am able to carry and grow a tiny human- my body is awesome that it can do that! I know that there are people who can't and to think that I can- that my body has this ability is truly a miracle.
Weight Gain: 20 lbs
February 4th:
I've been doing a little better about exercising- Zumba about once a week and yoga about once a week- I'm going to keep doing better.
Holy Smokes I feel like a big fatty. I can see how going to the gym with all those skinny people can get to someone-Did you know the recommended weight gain about now is 10-15 lbs. I have had a few mental breakdowns on the fact that I have gained so much weight. Sugar just has to go. Kate did warn me that I would get back fat but really?! I really do have back fat. But I have started changing my thoughts on the subject- I am so blessed that I am able to carry and grow a tiny human- my body is awesome that it can do that! I know that there are people who can't and to think that I can- that my body has this ability is truly a miracle.
February 9th:
Okay really? Before 3rd trimester? I had no idea! So: fat and leaky boobs- awesome. Oh and officially broke out the maternity jeans I borrowed from Nicole- so comfy! I'm officially feeling pregnant(that's probably not the first time I've said that huh?).
February 10th:
I usually only drink water with my morning prenatal vitamin- and then I'll have juice and milk the rest of the day. Today at the appointment the midwife Jen told me that I have to drink more water- that the reason I am so tired lately is because I haven't been taking enough in. I get so nauseous though and I can't describe how much I absolutely hate hate HATE water right now. I used to love it- I know it's good for me and I always fill up a water bottle or a cup and bring it with me- but do I drink it?
I finally tried some Crystal Lite but I read later that it has aspartme in it which can be dangerous.
So I found a brand you can find at Smith's called True Lemon which is sweetened with Stevia which I have heard from a few different sources is okay and should be safe- Jen did tell me that whatever I can do to get fluids I should do it and I agree. I have been trying just juicing a fresh lemon and that actually helps a ton. I think I can do this- Now I have been drinking at least 4-6 glasses of water!!! This is awesome and I've been feeling way better- less tired.
February 11th:
I heard that you dream more vividly when pregnant and can have crazy dreams but I have experienced dreams that feel so real and when I wake up I am sad and cry because they are terrible and feel so real.
This week was kind of a rough pregnancy week- I guess we'll run into those once in a while.
Keep your head up girl! So cute and beautiful baby belly! I love you. YOU ARE NOT FAT- you are CARRYING a little HUMAN around with you. So you should have a little extra weight. Its a lot of work! Just hang in there only 3 1/2 weeks to go!
ReplyDeleteps tell your hubby to call my hubby. he's been trying to get ahold of him for weeks.
pss we have tons of baby coupons we've been saving for you. where should we send them?
Oh wow, I just barely saw this comment- I'm not very good at responding and working the blog still!!! Thanks so much Heidi for your cheering! It is hard work!!! ha ha. And I will tell Jay to call Alan if he still hasn't by now;)
Deletei checked your blog this morning and there was nothing here! but now there is...anyway, i'm excited.
ReplyDelete25-30lbs is a lot of weight to put on in 10 months. for me it's easier to not think about it. i let my dr worry about it and she would tell me if i needed to adjust anything. i'm glad that you are "enjoying" the pants.
it's hard to get fluids in when the results seems like you just have to pee even MORE. and you're already peeing all the time. at the end with, quincey, it seemed like every time i got up i had to go pee.
try cucumbers in your water. you know how people put lemons in their water to make it look nice when serving it? well, someone put cucumbers in it once and it was surprisingly good!
I know- I just talked to someone who said they gained all their weight in the beginning and barely gained after that-I'm changing my thinking towards that now- I'm going to try the cucumbers! That actually sounds really good.
ReplyDeletedid jay really call you spaghetti sauce? are you feeling more ready for this baby?
ReplyDeletehttp://pinterest.com/pin/257127459944695042/
ReplyDeleteyou should sooo do this. or something like it.
Ok Aubrey, no more break downs about the weight. Your body is learning what it needs to be able to nurse this kid once he's out. That will feel way more important later than what you're seeing now.
ReplyDeleteOkay! I know- no more- I had to have at least 1 though- but I think I am done and going to focus on eating healthy and not so much on the weight-yah and a little fat is needed to feed the kid!
Delete