Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Crushed Headlight

I was furious when I got off from a long days work and discovered someone had run into my car, shattering the passenger headlight.

I thought, "Just because my car is in bad shape and old doesn't mean someone can just come and hit my car and it's fine! What the nerve! Obviously if I drive this piece of junk it means I can't afford a spiffy car- really?!!!"

I stood up to discard the shattered glass that had sprayed all over the asphalt and did a double take to my windshield. My anger fled and was replaced with shock to find a note there.

"I am so sorry I hit your car" with a listed name and number.

Relief and gratitude were my first two emotions and I called the girl up to arrange getting the light fixed. I profusely thanked her for her honesty. Her husband actually works as mechanic so I was able to bring the car to his shop to get it fixed up.

I was again impressed when he not only replaced the broken headlight, but took a little extra time to replace my grill, which had been broken previously, and my bumper, which had been holding on by a thread, and tighten the battery so it wouldn't jiggle around and become unhooked. He spent three hours fixing all of this stuff and apologized for his wife hitting the car.

Why was I so surprised that someone in the world is honest and goes above and beyond the call of duty? I am so so grateful and blessed and now know from experience that yes, there are still good people out in the world.

1 comment:

  1. That's such a good story!! Wow I like that they were so honest makes me want to be more honest myself thanks for sharing !:)

    ReplyDelete