Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Being Mischievous

April Fools Day oh glory glory!!!
The day that gives you a free pass to do something totally hilarious that could also be a little mean- but it's not mean because it's allowed on this blessed day.

We bought donuts
Took the filling out with straws
And filled them back up with...



I topped them with a bit of jam...



Aren't they deceiving? I put jam on top to make it look fruity and delicious.
I was so excited to get my brother-in-law, I was laughing hysterically just imagining his face when he thinks it's a jelly filled donut and ends up taking a big bite of ketchup!!! Jay warned me to play it cool or it wouldn't work.

So we invited Garrett over to play some Halo and I mentioned nonchalantly that there were some left over donuts from someone at work and that we had already eaten our fill. I held my breath as he walked by and said he would have some later. How was I supposed to do this! I was dying!!!

I left them on the table and waited patiently for him to walk over to get some- usually he will eat any kind of treat we offer him-so I thought he must know what was up.

Hoping to speed up the process I mentioned them again- of course discretely, "Jay we should just split one, these donuts are calling my name, but I've had so much I really shouldn't"...

Finally Garrett walks over and it takes all that I have not to just start laughing and not to watch too closely for his reaction. But he takes small bites. Darn, he knows!!! But he takes another bite and makes a weird face- then tastes the top part which of course is the yummy jam, then tries the other part again and makes another weird face. He realizes that it's ketchup and Jay and I bust up laughing!!!

Success! Totally got him!

Then for the other donut, we decided to leave it upstairs for my mother or father-in-law, but I knew that Nancy probably wouldn't eat it so we were hoping that Garr would.

I didn't get to see this one but apparently Garr thought that it was an april fool's joke from Garrett but Garrett reassured him it was from me and Jay. I suppose he was still distrusting Garrett (earlier that day he taped the sprayer on the sink) so he split the donut in half and ketchup fell out everywhere on the countertop.

I was not aware of the fact that Garr is color blind when this happened, but apparently the red of the ketchup looked like chocolate so he hurriedly took a huge bite to catch the "chocolate" before it fell all over the place.

That worked a lot better than I planned on.

I guess he ate a bowl of ice-cream to recover.

Next year, I think I'll tone it down a little bit and not get so carried away....

1 comment:

  1. garr's is one i wish i could've seen. i could picture garrett's face. hahaha, good one! you know the family will NOT be eating donuts at your house again, right?

    ReplyDelete