Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"A Christmas Miracle"

The Provo Tabernacle went up in flames this week. Many were heartbroken and I can't help but feel a loss when I look at that old building and know that now it is in shambles. It was a beautiful building with a lot of history.



But there is something that amazes me.
This picture of Christ was saved from the wreckage:



When a friend at work first told me about a picture of Jesus that wasn't burned I thought it was just a rumor.
Yet, there it is, with many people calling it a "Christmas Miracle".
And I can't help but think it is.

It was just a reminder to me that things are temporal and Christmas is really not about stuff....even if the stuff is beautiful and wonderful.
It's so easy to get caught up in getting new things and giving great, awesome gifts but in the end those things really won't matter at all. What will matter is the love you show others and the service you do and what kind of heart you have. This was a good reminder for me about what really counts and hopefully will be able to look back on my life with joy, and not the regret of caring about things that don't last.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly said. I still can't believe that this building is destroyed. I'm glad we were able to enjoy it when we did. Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete