Sunday, July 12, 2015

Food Storage

If you ever read or listen to anything on my blog- listen to this:

"60 years of prophets have had no effect on us, what am I supposed to do to inspire people to get their food storage?" 

"If there is a disaster, people say they are worried someone is going to come with a gun to get their food....if you are watching your children starve, you will be the guy with the gun."

"5 reasons people don't have their food storage:
5. my neighbors have a 2 year supply. 80% of the members of the church don't have their food storage. 
4. I paid tithing for 20 years, the church can give me a little food- the church is storing food- all the storage the church has will only feed 4% of the members of the church. NObody is storing food for you.
3. I can't afford scrap-booking and food storage. The food storage program will cost you about a dollar a day per person- if you can afford a cell phone but not food storage, something is wrong with your priorities. President Benson said, 'The commandment to store food may be as essential to your temporal salvation as boarding the arc was in the days of Noah'. That's life and death.  A dollar a day. Your child's temporal salvation has to be worth a dollar a day.
2. I'm waiting for the cannery to store Papa Murphy's pizza. Food storage has a stigma that it has to be made out of wheat. It doesn't. There are very few things you CAN'T put in food storage.
1. I have 4 kids a job and going to school and 2 church callings. I just don't have time for my family's temporal salvation. 

Why do you come? Because you want to do it. It's just so overwhelming. What can I make out of food storage? Where can I put it?
Hopefully tonight, with my program, you might be able to say 'This is easy! I can do this!'



I love this lady. We are starting to get our food storage and I have to tell you I used to think we didn't have money to do food storage- I think Heavenly Father will bless anyone and everyone who follows his commandments to do something he told us to do- he has blessed us. 

Can I share my miracle from June? I have been praying and asking how I can get food storage. We looked at our budge for food after everything else was taken care of and we had no money. But I wrote down my food storage goal- a ridiculous amount. Like, how, how am I ever going to get these things?
Someone told me Heavenly Father prompted them to give me money for food storage. I got a check in the mail and not only got everything I had written down, but extra! Heavenly Father gave me extra!!!! I know he wants to bless us- I know he will make a way for us! Just make the goal and have faith. And make plans!!! Can't wait to tell you more miracles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment