I just made homemade yogurt for 1/3 of the cost, without the fillers and thickening junk they add in the store bought stuff and to top it all off, it was probably the easiest thing I've ever done in my life.
I googled a recipe, check it out: Here
I probably spent 5 minutes (maybe a little more because it was my first time) total actually touching the concoction.
It was sooooooo easy!!!
Now to flavor it: I've tried strawberry jam, stevia powder, maple syrup and honey.
It is delish.
| Strain it- I just used a dish towel and a big bowl. |
| It was thick! But runny- so I did want to separate some of the whey. |
| There's the whey! |
| 2 jars!!! I estimate that would have made at least 2- probably 3 bigger containers of yogurt (if I hadn't dropped some in the whey) from the store. |
My next adventure I would love to make kefir.....if I can make yogurt, I bet I could make kefir!!!
Can you believe how easy it can be to make something like yogurt?
I love that it's that good bacteria for our guts and and free from nasty ingredients and fillers!!! And did I say it was cheap? Like less than a dollar per container? So awesome.
It's weird too the kind beautiful happiness you get from knowing you made something like this.
Like I feel like I can do ANYTHING!!!
So glad you found the recipe useful :-) You can make ricotta cheese with the whey or add it to some soups with a good result.
ReplyDeleteWas that your blog I found?!!! I love it!!! Thank you for the recipe- it was seriously the easiest thing ever and made me so happy. Ricotta cheese with the whey? No whey! ha ha ;) Okay, do you have a recipe for ricotta cheese on your blog? I'll have to search.
DeleteYou actually make hours of work sound so easy! I am actually interested in trying this out now. LOVE MOM
ReplyDeleteThat's what's so cool!!!! The hours that it needs to sit is actually hours I just went about doing my thing- I only came back to it a couple times to add the stuff and put it in the oven then straining it was probably the most complex part. You should! I'll bring some plain yogurt when I come visit and we'll whip up a batch!
Delete