Go read this book.
Right now.
If you want to see someone overcome the worst most painful obstacles in life
with hope and faith
If you want to see how your life is so blessed
How perfect you are right now where you are at.
I can never complain again.
I have everything.
I have a beautiful working body,
a beautiful child,
a wonderful loving husband
I can fold laundry and walk
and make dinner and not only do things myself but help other people
Yesterday I called my mom and told her "I can't do this"
I was overwhelmed from a weekend of Grant not sleeping well and teething and has some sort of cold
and he was just crying and crying and tugging on my leg every time I tried to put him down to do the dishes or make dinner.
I wanted to be a good wife yesterday and make Jay dinner and I just couldn't
Grant needed me and I called my mom and told her I couldn't do it.
I felt so bad because Stephanie Nielson, in this book literally can't do anything after her accident and here I was totally capable, yet why couldn't I do it?
She immediately came over and brought my siblings with her and put them all to work- cleaning the bathroom, folding laundry, watching the baby and I was able to make dinner.
They were here for an hour maybe?
It made all the difference in the world.
Guess what?
I needed my family to come and help me
Stephanie needed all those people to love and support her through her journey of healing.
We can't do this life alone
We need each other.
We need God in our lives.
That's why we are here- that's what this is all about right?
Helping each other out when someone feels weak and we are strong.
Then, when we feel weak, accepting someone else's help when they can and are willing to help us.
Oh and the book-
Be ready to cry every single page you turn.
Her spirit is amazing and her story incredible.
I am so grateful to have her story be a part of my life and they way I see things.
Thank you Stephanie Nielson!

I don't think I've ever cried so much while reading a book. It change my whole perspective on life. I feel like I have absolutely no right to complain. And when things are tough, I can overcome them. I mean, look at what Stephanie overcame!
ReplyDeleteWe have great families, don't we? I'm so happy your mom and siblings could come to your rescue.
You are such a great mother and wife. I love seeing you in action!
This book keeps being recommended to me! It's on my 'to read' list!
ReplyDelete@ Mandi- I know! Me too. I can't believe this woman. She is incredible. There really is no way to describe it- I just want to have her passion for life and love and gratitude to be a mother. OH I love her. We do have great families. Thanks!!!
ReplyDelete@ Abi- please read it. I will recommend it again and again.