Favorites:
- After someone sneezes, I always say, "A-choo!!!" to tell him that was a sneeze and he copies me!!!! He says, "Nnnnn-cchhhhhhh!" He has also started copying other noises too like owl says, "who who" and he will say, "Oooo ooo".
- Waving at me from the other room. So sweet. He'll just look up from playing with his toys and I'll look in from the dishes and wave and he smiles and waves back. Then, he keeps waving. And waving and waving....
- Says "mama" with a smile. Yay!!! He used to only say "dada" when he was happy and "mama" when he was sad or needed something but now he says my name when he's happy and just talking with me.
New Stuff:
- Pointing. Started as flexing but now he's got it down.
- Crawling and me interfering= screaming. Uh, not my little baby anymore. He for sure has his own agenda.
- Pulling himself up on everything by himself. So cool to watch. Except when he falls:( or decides to use a drawer to stand up and the drawer closes from his weight pushing against it as he tries to balance resulting in smashed fingers and big tears. He also will just stop in the middle of the floor and do downward facing dog- straightening his legs, looking like he might just stand right up.
- He is able to get down from a standing position by himself.
- He takes whoever is giving him attention hostage to let him walk around. I have heard more complaints about everyone's backs since this has been the new thing.
- He can stand on his own for 10 seconds. I've seen it.
My Thoughts:
When G started crawling, that marked the day when he wasn't my "baby" anymore. He is now a little boy in every sense. I am actually not too sad about it...just makes me want another baby who is totally dependent on me for everything because now my little boy thinks I am in the way and I am not going to lie- the first few days were really frustrating because I was so used to the way things had been- me coming and picking him up resulting in smiles and gratitiude and love to now I am interupting his fun time. Those first few days were hard when he was becoming a little boy. I remember thinking I am not going to like this at all. I hated it in fact. But all of a sudden I just adjusted the way I went about things and instead of just expecting him to like that I'm picking him up, instead distract him or whatever and let me tell you I have never had more fun with any person. I am having the time of my life. He is so fun. We laugh all day every day. I love it. I love having a little boy and his personality is wonderful. I never thought having a kid would be this dang fun. Like I can't even stand it fun.
Owies. There are a lot more incidents of him hurting himself because he can get around to where he wants and pull things down (things I figured couldn't harm a fly somehow seem to manage to hurt him!) I put this metal bowl at his level and somehow he was able to hit his eye with it? I don't know.
Owies. There are a lot more incidents of him hurting himself because he can get around to where he wants and pull things down (things I figured couldn't harm a fly somehow seem to manage to hurt him!) I put this metal bowl at his level and somehow he was able to hit his eye with it? I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment