I have to say I am a fan of all pizza and pretty much all bread and crust but this one is especially yummy.
When I visited my beautiful cousin a few weeks ago she had some pizza she had made and I LOVED it. I felt guilty eating it because of yeast but it was worth it- way more worth it than recently eating Halloween candy. Bleh. I would way rather cheat eating this stuff than that junk any day. I called her up when I got home and she had it memorized she makes it so much- and she says she's still tweaking things and trying different things to perfect it but I think it's perfect just the way it is:
Brooke's Pizza Crust
Makes 2 medium pizzas
1 c. warm/hot water
1 pkg yeast (2 and 1/4 tsp)
Mix and set aside to bubble while combining the rest of the ingredients
4 c. flour
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp italian herbs
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
Mix together well. Then add yeasty water and knead with hands for a few minutes. Let rise for an hour or so or put in fridge and cover for a day. Pound it back down and roll out.
Bake at 400 or 425 degrees F-
1 topping usually bakes in 15 minutes-
Supreme bakes for 18 minutes
*Tip- put oil on the pan of course- but also on the bottom of the crust so it doesn't stick.
We absolutely love this recipe and because all the spices are in the bread, you really don't need your sauce to be spiced- I just mixed up some tomato paste and water and put it right on the crust with cheese and toppings and it was delicious.
Pretty sure this will be a staple in our home on pizza nights. Love love love.
No comments:
Post a Comment