Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Cemetery


This cemetery is probably the prettiest one I've ever seen. The trees are gorgeous and in perfect rows lining the pathways. It's the best place to bike. Grant and I always look for the squirrels. Most recently we found a squirrel that was "barking" squeaks at us. Every squeak elicited a laugh from Grant so it was quite the scene to watch. I actually was kind of scared it was going to jump down and attack us- I felt bad for the poor creature so we left it alone and enjoyed the trees. 




It's so beautiful. 
I always thought cemetery's were supposed to be creepy but I always feel curiously peaceful about all these people. All the love they shared during their lives. That's what I think about as I look at each name and inscription. They each had their struggles and heartaches and triumphs and joy. The word "romantic" always goes through my mind as a word to describe it.

What a lovely place and I love living close enough to visit frequently. 
I'm excited for what it will look like in the fall with all the bright leaves and with fresh fallen snow. Won't that be just lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment