Okay, so I know all of you have been dying to know what the heck this girl is thinking letting the baby sleep in her bed. Why would the hubbs allow that as well? Crazy?
Anyone who finds out gives me the look with eyes that say, "yikes". My mom has come out directly and told me it isn't good for my marriage. Others have stated they couldn't do it- as in they would have been incapable of it.
I am not going to say that I disagree completely and I'm not going to sit here and lie to you and say it has been soooo easy and I love every aspect of having the baby in our bed and that everyone and anyone should be doing it. No, I won't say that.
What I will say is this:
I sleep better.
Baby sleeps better.
Nursing? Easy- just roll over- plop here ya go baby- close eyes- sleep.
I do not have to resort to letting the baby "cry-it-out" so he learns to sleep on his own.
I get lots of snuggling time and contact with the baby (touch is so important for a baby to grow healthily). I hold him during the day, yes- but it's just extra time to be close- giving him more contact.
I know he feels safe.
I feel safe.
First thing I see when I wake up? A glorious smile from the baby and energy to start the day excited about being awake!
Well, I'm not really going to go into much of explaining how it works other than maybe giving you an analogy.
How about eating healthy?
Some people say you don't enjoy life without certain junk foods.
"How could you live like that?" they ask.
I have friend that tell me when I say I am avoiding high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated fats that "I could never do that". Maybe too much work?
Well, it is possible to be normal and happy and have fun too.
Gasp.
You can have fun without high fructose corn syrup? What?
Is it easy?
Not really.
You have to do a little bit of hunting to find foods without those ingredients.
You do have to live differently than those around you and people may think you are crazy. It is a change of life-style from the norm, true.
So,
different?
Yes.
Easy?
Yes and no.
Happy?
Yes.
Are we keeping baby in our bed?
Maybe, maybe not.
We just take things one day at a time.
The 'happy? Yes' is the most important thing. If it works for you then it doesn't matter if it works for other people
ReplyDelete